Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hello

Hi Parents,

I am very excited to have each one of your children in my class this year. This is my second year at Perimeter Christian School and my 12th year teaching. My husband, Chad, and I will celebrate our 17th year of marriage next Saturday.  We have two children.  Benjamin, age 13, is entering eighth grade and Emma, age 11, is entering sixth grade both at Perimeter School.  We moved here March 2013 from Minneapolis, Minnesota area after living there for four years. We were thrilled to move back to the South and closer to family since we are originally from Monroeville, Alabama. 

I graduated from Troy University in Troy, Alabama with a Masters Degree in Special Education. I also am licensed in the states of Georgia, Alabama and Minnesota to teach elementary education. I have taught resource classes for small groups of children, self-contained classes, and team taught children ages preschool to 8th grade during my 12 years.  I absolutely love teaching and feel like God truly directed me in this path, although it was not in "my plans".  

A few of my beliefs that shape my teaching is that I desire children to love learning and have fun while doing it. I also have high expectations for all my children no matter their learning styles or differences, but I understand those and we all work hard to achieve!  I treat my students as I want my own personal children to be treated and taught.  I love teaching at Perimeter to have the freedom to bring God, His creation, the Truth, and the Gospel into our lessons. 
 
I look forward to meeting you all next Friday during open house and a great school year!

Michelle Lawrence




No comments:

Post a Comment